- Increase networking opportunities: AWC offers a great forum for networking with other women who share similar experiences and issues within the technical field. In addition, participating in AWC can help to increase your visibility in the business community.
- Gain technical and professional skills: AWC provides a safe, friendly, supportive and nonthreatening environment for women to enhance their technical and professional skills. AWC holds monthly meetings, which includes networking opportunity, an informative presentation covering both technical and non-technical topics and a dinner.
- Increase leadership skills: Leadership experience can be gained by becoming a member of the Board or participating on a committee.
- Promote AWCs mission: By joining the AWC, you help to promote and enhance the communication among women from diverse background, while helping to further the development, advancement, and education of women in computing.
- Mentor and be mentored: Our membership is diverse in experience and age. You can learn from some of our members and advise others. AWC also supports MentorNet which you can join to mentor students.
Annual membership dues:
- Individual annual dues: $45 (includes local chapter and AWC National Association)
- Full-time students and seniors (over 60): $22.50
- Corporate membership: $100
Non-members may attend our monthly meetings, but members receive a discount on the meeting fees. Members also receive annual member directories, members-only emails and access to the members-only directory on this web site. Men are welcome to attend meetings and to become members.
How to join AWC/GBC:
Simply complete the membership form (download the form in Microsoft Word or PDF format) and submit to:
Association for Women in Computing
Greater Boston Chapter
P. O. Box 68
Newton Upper Falls, MA 02164
For membership inquiries or more information about AWC or the Boston Chapter, email info@awcBoston.org.